EXPERIENCEVIRGIN RECORDS New York, NY
Independent Consultant 2002-2003
- Site Development
- System Implementation
Notable Accomplishments: Provided critical assistance in restructuring of label’s New Media department.SUDDEN INDUSTRIES New York, NY
VP Business Development 1999-2002
- Product Development
- Partnership development
- Client Acquisition
Notable Accomplishments: Expanded client base and contributed to 300% billing growth in first year. Developed new products, technologies and partnerships to expand company's offerings. Created successful online-offline marketing promotions for music industry and television clients.RYKODISC, INC. Salem, MA
Director, New Media 1994-1999
Directed Development of Online and Interactive Projects and Direct marketing.
- Business development and alliance building for label's New Media initiatives.
- Researched, evaluated, and implemented online marketing and sales systems and strategies.
- Oversaw mail-order operation, ecommerce and third-party online sales promotion efforts.
- Development of interactive products and marketing tools with outside vendors.
Notable accomplishments: Led digital distribution efforts through content licensing and hosting deals. Developed and managed three iterations of label website, nominated for Yahoo! Internet Award. Developed and implemented successful sales promotions, including online contests and preferred-customer programs. Integrated Internet-based systems into marketing and sales departments. Developed Invision Award-winning CD-ROM-based catalogue. Designed and implemented successful sales promotions. Streamlined direct sales (online and offline) operations, doubling label's direct sales in less than a year. Represented and promoted label's New Media efforts to Business and consumer press.Product Manager, PLAY IT BY EAR: The First CD Game 1991-1994
Directed development and marketing of two volumes of popular board game from conception to store shelf.
- Oversight and marketing support of multichannel national sales force.
- Editorial oversight of game content; selection, production, and licensing of material.
- Planning and implementation of marketing budget, including PR, tradeshows, promotion, and advertising.
Notable Accomplishments: Opened new sales channel for company (Toy Distribution). Achieved sales of 175,000 units and over $1Million in net profits.Assistant to the President 1988-1991
Developed projects and managed office for independent record label.
- Research and supervision of recording and ancillary projects with label President.
- Management of 10-person staff, HR, implementation of office functions.
- Processed master and publishing royalties
Notable accomplishments: Kept peace in frantic, divisive office environment. Cultivated PLAY IT BY EAR project.ROSLIN RADIO SALES, INC. New York, Philadelphia, Boston
Account Executive 1986-1988
Radio advertising time sales for national sales representation firm.
- Establishment of Philadelphia branch office
- Service of major account lists.
Notable Accomplishments: Established Mid-Atlantic regional billing base.WBRU-FM Providence, RI
Music Director/Air Personality 1985-1986
- Development and implementation of programming strategy for major-market commercial radio station.
- On-air duties five days/week.
- Wrote and produced radio spots.
Notable accomplishments: Helped boost station's ratings to a record high.
EDUCATIONBROWN UNIVERSITY Providence, RI
A.B. in American Civilization with Popular Culture Concentration, 1986
Software: Adobe Photoshop, Allaire Homesite, Macromedia Flash, Magix, CoolEdit, MS Publisher MS Office (Word, Access, Excel, Powerpoint), Quicken, MS Money, Various Codecs
Languages/Protocols: HTML, PERL, PHP, FTP, Some UNIX
REFERENCESAvailable upon request.